Nutritionally Fit: Top 5 Nutrition Tips for Everyday
Nutritionally Fit – Top 5 Nutrition Tips
Poor diet, mild fatigue or a chronic lack of energy can often be addressed
with simple prevention steps. In addition to regular exercise, try these
dietary tips for a boost of energy:
1. Eat a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably
organic) for their cancer protective properties and micronutrients.
2. Become a grazer; eat small frequent meals throughout the day.
Large meals can trigger the body to release more insulin, resulting
in low blood sugar levels and fatigue. Eating smaller meals and
healthy snacks during the day can help keep blood sugar levels
3. Stay hydrated. Dehydration is a common cause of fatigue – drink 8-
10 glasses of water throughout the day.
4. Snack right. Choose healthy snacks that contain some protein,
carbohydrates and healthy fats. Good options include a handful
of unsalted nuts, fresh or dried fruit, yogurt, vegetable sticks and
whole-grain bread or crackers.
5. Eat more fiber. Navy beans, kidney beans, chickpeas and lentils
are all rich in fiber, which slows the release of insulin and helps
maintain a steady supply of energy.